They say every picture tells a story, and I like to think that every garment does too. That's why, with every piece you buy, I will include a delightful "story" of the life that your garment once led.

Friday, October 28, 2011

DIY Shoe Sticker-ing!

Ok so I love all things handmade but also tacky. After much thought I combined the two and came up with shoe stickering. I found sticker sheets at Michael's, they have a bunch of different prints and fun solid colors. So all you need is a sticker sheet, scissors and a razor blade or an exacto knife. I cut a strip of the sticker paper about an inch longer and wider than I knew I would need. Then I stuck the first corner of the sticker down on a straight corner of the back of the shoe. I gently placed the sticker down and pulled taught once I had it in place, I went all the way around the heel and used a razor to cut off the excess and around the top and bottom of the heel. Try not to cut the shoe with the blade! Don't worry if you mess up just cut another piece and keep going. Think of shoe stickering as nail painting; if you chip the polish just put on a patch coat. I hope you like these beauties, I sure do. Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera hand isn't very steady!





No comments:

Post a Comment