They say every picture tells a story, and I like to think that every garment does too. That's why, with every piece you buy, I will include a delightful "story" of the life that your garment once led.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Jenny's Tie Wrap Dress

This great graphic dress was loved by Jenny for a couple of years in the mid 1980's. In 1985, Jenny was working at Vons grocery store in Southern California. She was having a really tuff day at work, and had had it up to here with her job when her favorite song came on the radio; Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears. The opening line is "Welcome to your life, theres no turning back." She was so pumped about hearing her jam and inspired by the words that she ripped off her Vons polo shirt, pulled down her black slacks and exposed her beautiful printed dress. (She was wearing it under her uniform because she had an interview right after her shift and had no time to change). Anyway, as I was saying. She ripped off her clothes and yelled "I QUIT, I'M GONNA GO RULE THE WORLD!" She went to the interview, got the job, and went on to rule the world. 
I love the opening lyrics to this song and have been obsessing about getting them tattooed on my arm. Gerry said I need to calm down, and that I am addicted to tattoos. I say I need to express myself through beautiful skin lacerations. 
Ok, so Printed Tie Wrap Dress $32. Fits sizes 2-4.
 Look at this baby lizard on the wall! He was so cute and even though Gerry said that he was more afraid of me than I was of him, its wasn't true. I was waaaay more scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment