They say every picture tells a story, and I like to think that every garment does too. That's why, with every piece you buy, I will include a delightful "story" of the life that your garment once led.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nico's Velvet Underground Dress

My favorite Velvet Underground song is "Beginning to see the light". Although Nico; a German singer, model and actress with impeccable style did not sing on that track, I imagine she would have worn a dress like this during her stint in the band. Ok so if you don't know about this band you should listen to some of their music. Also, Andy Warhol became the bands manager in 1965 and introduced them to Nico. She was such a babe?! Can you imagine being BFF's with Andy Warhol?! So I know its still a bit hot but the cold will come soon and you you'll need a beautiful velvet dress to put you in a fall state of mind. I have several velvet dresses so come by and check them out. Black velvet dress $28. Fits sizes 2-8, depending on how you want it to fit.

Source: http://underwoodmemories.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/nico.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment